What is hemp oil?
Hemp oils contain over 110 different cannabinoids, some of the best known being CBD, CBG and THC. By administering cannabinoids, the endocanabinoid system is affected. The endocannabinoid system is a signaling system that regulates, modulates and has a protective function in our bodies through cannabinoids and receptors. This system is large and complex.
What are hemp oils?
There are mainly three different types of oils:
- The full spectrum contains the full range of cannabinoids found in cannabis, including CBD and THC. These oils are not legal in Sweden
- Broad spectrum contains a wide range of cannabinoids. THC has been removed making these oils legal
- Isolate contains only CBD. These are also legal
How to make hemp oil
The most common methods of making hemp oil are the following:
- C02 – by pushing C02 through the plant at high pressures and low temperatures, CBD can be extracted in its purest form. The process removes chlorophyll and other residues, among other things. The method is expensive but gives a clean and good product.
- Ethanol – Hemp cannabinoids can be extracted using high-octane alcohol. This process is not recommended as many beneficial substances from hemp disappear.
- Boil in oil – This is a popular method among home fixers. The method involves an extraction using a carrier oil. A carrier oil can be, for example, coconut oil or MCT oil.
Where can you find good hemp oil?
When looking for a good hemp oil, it is important that there are lab reports on hemp oil content. At rawhemp.eu you can find really good hemp oil at a good price and with a lab report. The oils contain no THC, have a wide range of cannabinoids and have fast delivery times.